RESOURCES FOR PARENTS & GUARDIANS
Explore training resources to help you ensure your players’ safety on and off the field of play.
Separated by age group or combined for all ages, the U.S. Center for SafeSport Toolkit helps parents understand SafeSport best practices and how to respond to signs of abuse.
Click on the links below to explore age appropriate toolkits for parents/guardians.
Online Training for Parents/Guardians
The U.S. Center for SafeSport’s FREE Parent’s Guide to Misconduct in Sport is designed for the parents of athletes of all ages. This course explains the issues of misconduct in sport and helps parents ensure their children have a positive and safe sport experience
If you are a parent looking for resources on keeping your athlete safe, you can access this training at no cost. Simply create an account, add the parent training to your bag, and you’ll be able to access the training.
Out of State Player Registration
(Need Approval by both State Associations on the paperwork)
1. VIRGINIA or DC RESIDENTS WANTING TO PLAY ON A TEAM OR ODP IN ANOTHER STATE:
It is the policy of US Youth Soccer that players register in the state in which they reside. This on-line form must be filled out by Virginia residents playing across state lines. If a DC resident wishes to play in any state other than Maryland or Virginia, they will also follow this process. After the player registers in the system, they will have several steps to complete in order to receive their U.S. Youth Soccer Pass.
1. Click here for the 2023-2024 Out of State Player Registration Link
2. While registering, you will upload proof of age and a recent photo, and pay the registration fee online.
3. Download the interstate permission form
(If the state you are going to requires it)
4. The parent needs to sign the form next to “parent signature” in the top box.
5. Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note which state your player will be going to play in on the email.
6. An Out of State Player Pass will be issued for the player along with the interstate permission form if needed.
2. PLAYERS FROM ANOTHER STATE WANTING TO PLAY ON A VIRGINIA TEAM:
It is the policy of US Youth Soccer that players register in the state in which they reside. The player must first register online with their State Youth Soccer Association each seasonal year. For example, a Maryland player must first register on-line
with Maryland State Youth Soccer Association. Please follow the instructions as stated on the State Association’s website.
Once your form has been approved by both states, email a copy of the form, proof of age, and a photo of the player to your team manager.
Virginia Dual Registrar
Maryland Dual Registrar
ODP or Academy Players: If you are a Virginia player that is not rostered to a US Youth Virginia or Maryland team and you want to try out for ODP or the Academy ID, you must register first. Please contact email@example.com.
FORMS FOR GUEST PLAYERS, RELOCATION REQUEST & VA PLAYERS TO GUEST PLAY ON A VA TEAM:
Forms for Guest Players, Relocation Request, and VA Players to guest play on a VA team: Interstate Permission Form
To be used for Interstate Release, Guest Player, or Relocation Form.
- For a player who lives in VA and wishes to play for a team in another State.
- For a player who wishes to guest play with a Team outside of VA or a player from outside of VA to guest with a VA team.
- For a player that has moved from VA and was not released from their travel team (or vice versa)