Virginia has a national reputation for good soccer. We want our visitors and our own teams to speak highly of the tournaments they attend in Virginia.
TOURNAMENT APPLICATION INFORMATION
The following must be submitted to the State Office. Tournaments will not be approved until all signatures are received.
- Application to Host Tournaments or Games (Sanction Form) - Signed by President of Club or League or Designee
- VYSA requires that a maximum number of guest players be identified.
- US Youth Soccer Tournament Hosting Agreement - Signed by President of Club or League or Designee and Tournament Director
- Remember Referee Assignors MUST be certified through the State Referee Office and the United States Soccer Federation. If you are not sure if they are certified you may contact the State Referee Office at 703-491-1717.
- Copy of Tournament Rules
- Please see below for information that must be in your tournament rules.
- Housing Service Information
- A Tournament can mandate a housing service, but the tournament must submit housing information to the State Office with their tournament application and it MUST be included in the tournament rules.
- All tournaments should have directions and local phone numbers at each site for area hospitals and emergency care facilities
- VYSA Team Types Form
- Please note that on the online tournament application you must check "Other" and type in team types.
- Foreign Teams Information - if applicable
- If the tournament is inviting Foreign Teams you must complete the following and mail the documentation to the VYSA State Office.
- Invitation should include a date that acceptance will be mailed. Allow enough time for paperwork to be processed and errors to be corrected. Advise all who are invited that nothing is final before written confirmation is recieved. Mail acceptance letters early to give those teams not accepted enough time to apply to another tournament. Permission to travel forms are to be filed thirty (30) days in advance of the tournament.
- Clubs - Teams - Coaches
- Virginia Youth Soccer Assn
- US Youth Soccer (Restricted)
- All Other Affiliates (AYSO, SAY, US Club Soccer, Super Y League) of teams being invited (Unrestricted)
- Foreign Teams
TOURNAMENT RULES DISTRIBUTION
- Teams - Once a team has been accepted into the tournament, tournament rules should be sent to that team at least thiry (30) days in advance of the tournament.
- Virginia Youth Soccer Assn
- US Youth Soccer
- If your tournament is canceled - Notify the State Office immediately at 540-693-1430.
POST TOURNAMENT REPORT
- The hosting organization MUST submit a post tournament report to their National State Association within thirty (30) days after the conclusion of the tournament or games. This report must include:
- A list of State Associations whose teams attended your tournament & how many teams from each State Association attended
- A list of winners and runners-up in each age group and/or division
- A list of yellow and red cards issued and to whom
- A list of how many fields were used
- A list of where the fields were located
- VYSA will send the information in items B and C to each State Association that attended. Any incident of ejection in a final game, or any incident of referee abuse or referee assault, or any other incidents of a serious nature should be reported to the team’s or player’s home National State Association immediately, but no later than seven (7) days after the conclusion of the tournament.
Invitations should include a date that acceptance will be mailed. Allow enough time for paperwork to be processed and errors to be corrected. Advise all who are invited that nothing is final before written confirmation is received. Mail acceptance letters early to give those teams not accepted enough time to apply to another tournament. Permission to Travel forms are to be filed 30 days in advance of a tournament.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING IN YOUR TOURNAMENT RULES:
- HEADING RULE AT AGE GROUP DIVISIONS U11 AND YOUNGER
Whenever the ball strikes a player in the head, play is stopped. The proper restart depends upon whether the player deliberately played the ball with his or her head. If deliberate, the proper restart is an indirect free kick to the opposing team. If this occurs within the goal area, the indirect free kick should be taken on the goal area line parallel to the goal line at the point nearest to where the infringement occurred. If the play by the head is deemed in advertent, then the proper restart is a dropped ball.
- REGION I POLICY REGARDING APPLICATION TO HOST A TOURNAMENT
Region I has established the following policy concerning permission to travel when attending US Youth Soccer sanctioned tournaments in Region I. The purpose of this policy is to make it as simple as possible for the US Youth Soccer Region I teams to travel to tournaments within Region I. The new policy states that any US Youth Soccer State Association teams within Region I that are accepted into a tournament in Region I, do not need permission to travel papers. Permission to Travel is not required in friendly games within Region I.
NATIONAL STATE ASSOCIATIONS IN REGION I
Connectiut Jr Soccer Assn
Delaware Youth Soccer Assn
Eastern New York Youth Soccer Assn
Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer Assn
Maryland Youth Soccer Assn
Massachusetts Youth Soccer Assn
New Hampshire Soccer Assn
New Jersey Youth Soccer Assn
New York State West Youth Soccer Assn
Pennsylvania West State Soccer Assn
Soccer Rhode Island
Vermont Soccer Assn
Virginia Youth Soccer Assn
West Virginia Soccer Assn
- IF YOUR TOURNAMENT IS UNRESTRICTED, THE FOLLOWING MUST BE IN YOUR TOURNAMENT RULES:
Teams that are members of organizations of the United States Soccer Federation but not members of US Youth Soccer (such as AYSO, SAY, US Club Soccer or Super Y Leagues) DO NOT have to have a US Youth Soccer Applicaiton to Travel form (although that team's organization may require that the team have permission). An approved team roster does need to be provided to tournament officials, along with current player passes from its organization.
- IF YOUR TOURNAMENT IS MANDATING A HOUSING SERVICE, YOU NEED TO INCLUDE THE INFORMATION ON HOTELS/MOTELS, PRICES, SERVICE, ETC IN YOUR TOURNAMENT RULES.
Please contact the State Office at 540-693-1430 if you have any questions.
Please refer to the US Youth Soccer Travel & Tournament Manual for information.