Be sure to check the Red Card List on the State Cup Web Page. If you have received a Red Card in a previous National Championship Series Event, regardless of what that event was, you are required to serve a Sit Out in the very next National Championship Series game that you participate with.
Failure to serve that required Sit Out has serious consequences for all concerned, as stated the Section II.F of the National Championship Rules:
F. Eligibility Rule Violations - Violations of player or team eligibility rules will result in the forfeiture of any games in which an ineligible team or player has participated. Any coach or team official found to have rostered an ineligible player is, together with the team, ineligible to compete further in State Cup competition in the current seasonal year. Any coach, manager, or official found guilty of knowingly using an ineligible player is not eligible to compete further in National Championship Series competitions in the current and the subsequent seasonal year. The coach is ultimately responsible for verifying player eligibility.
Therefore, check the list carefully. The Cup Committee makes every effort to keep the list correct and up-to-date, but that all depends on the RED CARD being reported correctly and on time. If for whatever reason you received a RED CARD and it does not appear on the list, that in no way removes the obligation of serving the Sit Out.
Finally, RED CARDS given during National Championship Series Events do not carry over to League or other Tournament Events and neither do RED CARDS given in those events carry over to National Championship Events.
State Cup Game Schedule for Saturday, October 22nd and Sunday, October 23rd
Championship QuarterFinal Rounds for U15B, U15G, U16G, and U17G at Virginia Soccer Training Center
This weekend is the final two games of the Championship Quarterfinal Rounds for the U15B, U15G, U16G, and U17G.
At the bottom of this article is the link to the game schedule for the fifth weekend of Fall 2016 State Cup Competition.
When you look at the schedule always remember that the team listed on the left as you read left to right is the HOME Team while the other team is the AWAY Team.
Please refer to the article below from the Cup Committee outlining the responsibilities of both the HOME and AWAY Teams for each game in the QuarterFinal Round
A limited supply of water will be available at your bench for your game, however all players should bring their own supply of water. It is difficult to drive to purchase water so be sure to have enough water for your game.
All teams should clean up their bench area after their game so the next team will not have to pick up after another team.
FOR THESE GAMES AT VSTC, THE BOYS CUP CHAIR, BILL CUNNINGHAM, WILL BE ONSITE AT THE VYSA TENT FOR BOTH DAYS. IT IS THE HOME TEAM'S RESPONSIBILITY TO TURN IN THE GAME REPORTS FOLLOWING EACH MATCH TO HIM AS WELL AS TO CALL IN THE SCORE.
Please remember to have all of your player and coach passes laminated and bring them to the game along with you State Cup Roster.
The following are key reminders for game day:
1. Traffic along the I-95 corridor is VERY HEAVY on Saturdays in the Fall. Check the traffic conditions before you leave and leave plenty of time for unforseen circumstances.
2. The same can be said for the I-64 corridor and the Tunnels going into and out from Hampton Roads. September and October still see a lot of Beach traffic on Saturdays.
3. In the event of a weather related cancellation, notification will be put up on the State Cup webpage asap. The Cup Chairs will make every effort to contact the affected teams as soon as we are notified.
4.Scores MUST be called in as soon as the game is over. Delays in calling scores into the phone service delay getting the schedule out for the next week.
5. Managers/Points of Contact, regardless of whether the team is a Boys or Girls Team, MUST call the Boys Cup Chair (Bill Cunningham, 757-615-5223) to report a RED CARD received by a player on their team immediately after the game is completed.
6. Finally, don't forget that the Manager/Point of Contact of the HOME Team for the Quarterfinal Matches must retrieve the Game Report from the referees at the end of the match and mail it directly to Bill Cunningham, the Boys Chair. His address is on the game report form.
The Cup Committee hopes that every team and every player will enjoy the competition
this season as we welcome you to Fall 2016 State Cup!
Once you block your hotel rooms through this link, you will receive an automatically generated contract date.
If you need to extend this contract date, please call
Chris Allen from THS at 908-439-6112.
He will adjust the date for you.
In addition, every team that books 10 or more rooms will receive a VYSA “Gear Pak” for their head coach or team manager featuring an Inaria VYSA long sleeved t shirt, an Inaria short sleeved t shirt and an Inaria soccer ball!