Rules of the Competition: The VYSA State Championship Policies and the National Championship Series Policies are on the VYSA Web Site. It is the responsibility of the team to access these rules and become familiar with them.
Application Fees and Procedures: The fee for entry to State Cup competition is $400.00. The following items must be in the VYSA State Office by the appropriate deadline:
(1) a completed on-line application form and on-line credit card payment at the time of application. No other form of payment will be accepted with the online application.
(2) a copy of your approved 2015-2016 VYSA State Cup roster approved by your registrar and printed from the online Travel Team Registration site. The roster may be faxed, mailed or emailed to the VYSA State Office by the deadline. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 540-693-1440
(3) Bond payment
(4) or letter of guarantee from your Club.
After your team has applied on line, please call the VYSA State Office to ask for the paperwork to use for either step # 3 (bond) or step # 4 (letter of guarantee) The bond check or the letter from your Club must be at the VYSA State Office by the application deadline. 540-693-1430 phone 540-693-1440 fax.
(3) if your team is entering State Cup competition as an independent team, not associated with a Club, your team must post a monetary bond to guarantee that all fines will be paid by the team should the team forfeit any portion of the Regional or National Competition. Payment will be accepted in the form of a check or money order made payable to VYSA and all checks or money orders will be cashed. At the time your team is eliminated from competition or goes forward to compete at Regionals and/or Nationals this money will be returned to your team. The bond amount is $3000.00. See below the portion of the Region I National Championship Series rules that apply...
(4) if your team is entering with Club support, Club letters for guarantee payment of fines must indicate the club accepts the team as a member, supports the team’s entry in the competition and the Club guarantees all fines will be paid by the team and/or club should the team forfeit any portion of the Regional or National Competition.
Region I Championship forfeit rule.. A State Association may withdraw any of its teams from the Region I Championships without penalty up to 31 days prior to the start of play; however, the administrative fee will not be refunded. Any State Association that withdraws team(s) from the Region I Championships less than 31 days prior to the start of play will be subject to a fine of $1,500.00 per team. In addition, any State Association that withdraws team(s) from the Region I Championships less than five (5) days prior to the start of the event will be subject to an additional fine of $1,500.00 per team. These fines are to be made payable to Region I and within thirty (30) days upon completion of the Region I Championships. Any State Association that is unable to send its Champion team has the option to send its runner-up team.
Entry Deadline: The application form for entry (which includes the credit card payment) filled out on line and the VYSA State Cup roster and the bond money of $3000.00 or Club guarantee letter must be in the hands of the VYSA State Office no later than 4:00 pm on May 6, 2016. Any application that does not meet the deadline requirements will be returned.
It is always the responsibility of the coach of an applying team to confirm that his/her team has successfully met this deadline. Completed entries will be posted on the State Cup page on the VYSA website at the end of each day. Please check the website to confirm your team’s entry status.
The Draw, Location and Time: The date of the Draw has not yet been determined.
Seeding Process: We will seed the top eight teams in the U19 age group. It is important that the information you provide is accurate and complete. The seeding committee will use the information on the applications to seed the teams. If you provide no information on the application we will assume that you do not think your team should be seeded.
Communication: In order to keep all teams up to date on game schedules, results and sometimes changes to fields and times, it is very important for each team to provide an e-mail address. During the competition the administrative information will be distributed by email. The game schedules and game results will be available on the VYSA Web Site.
VYSA has a Web Site for your convenience and information. All of the State Cup forms, the 2015-2016 Seasonal Year Cup Calendar and the VYSA State Cup Rules are available. The State Cup page on the VYSA web site will also contain important last-minute changes for Cup. The Web Site address is www.vysa.com. then click on National Championship Series and on Spring Cup Information