VYSA and US Youth Soccer are providing its members
FREE access to Abuse Prevention Systems
to reduce the risk of child sexual abuse in youth soccer
US Youth Soccer and VYSA are working with Abuse Prevention Systems to safeguard children as well as the adults who serve them. The 5 part Safety System is designed to help your club reduce the risk of sexual abuse by creating preventative measures tailored to fit your club specific needs.
The 5 part safety system for VYSA clubs includes:
1. Awareness Training: Identifies misconceptions and replaces them with valuable information to protect children
- Personalized email and training link
- 9 training segments (1 hour total)
- Completion quiz and certificate
2. Skillful Screening Process: Assist organizational leaders to better discern if an applicant or volunteer has the right motives for working with children.
- Educational documents
- Sample application and reference forms
- Sample interview questions and understanding high risk responses
- Training videos (3.5 hours total)
3. Background Checks: Important component, but only one piece since only 10% of sexual abusers ever encounter the criminal justice system. You can always continue to use your current background check program.
- Online consent forms
- Background checks suited to the position
4. Policies and Procedures: Balance the organization goals with the risks inherent in children’s programming
- Sample policies and procedures specifically for youth sports programs and organizations
- Written outline of what your club does, not just what they say they do
5. Monitoring and Oversight: Checks and balances to monitor supervision, training compliance and system accountability.
- Control panel to organize and oversee risk management of coaches in 1 location
- Editable forms
- Real time tracking
- Document storage
Learn more, watch introductory videos and sign-up at: https://abusepreventionsystems.com/USYS/
Contact Krista to confirm membership and receive the coupon code.