As Virginia’s affiliate state association with US Youth Soccer, VYSA is a growing, vibrant youth soccer organization serving more than 140,000 boys and girls through its member clubs and leagues. With an annual budget in excess of $3 million, VYSA manages a variety of state programs for its members, including the Olympic Development Program, State Cup, Presidents Cup, Coaching Education, Tournaments, Risk Management and an annual Convention.
In this newly created position as the professional head of VYSA, the ED will implement the vision and mission established by VYSA’s Board of Directors, and be responsible for the execution of VYSA’s many programs utilizing a cost-effective combination of paid staff and volunteers.
The responsibilities of the ED will include the following:
· Sound financial administration of VYSA, including implementation of accounting policies, financial controls and risk management procedures,
· Supervision of VYSA’s administrative and managerial employees,
· Provision of administrative support to VYSA’s technical employees, such as the Technical Director,
· Strengthening communications between VYSA and its various constituencies and stakeholders, and marketing VYSA to the community,
· Oversight, management and continued development of VYSA’s new field complex,
· Review and improve VYSA’s use of technology,
· Negotiation of contracts with vendors and suppliers,
· Managing public and community relations.
The preferred candidate will have a college degree, ideally with post-college training and experience in management, business, accounting and/or finance. This person should be highly self-motivated and able to motivate others. Prior experience running a youth soccer organization or a sports complex is a plus. This person must have strong leadership skills, administrative skills, and computer knowledge, including Word, Excel, Quick Books, Powerpoint, and website experience, including use of online technologies. The Executive Director must be willing to work non-traditional hours and have the ability to manage people in a volunteer work environment. Salary range of $90,000 + depending on qualifications and experience.
Those interested in the Executive Director position should forward resumes to the search committee chair, Ken Bass, at: email@example.com.
Electronic applications should be submitted in Word or .pdf format. Applications should include a c.v., cover letter and recommendations.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Additional information about the Virginia Youth Soccer Association can be obtained
by visiting our website at vysa.com.