Virginia Youth Soccer is pleased to offer this pilot course as a test model for US Soccer's future 4v4 On-Field License.
This new and exciting course (starting July 15 in Virginia) will specifically target the age-appropriate needs of the players who play at the 4v4 level.
Beginning in January, 2018, there will be a total of 8 new courses (4 on-line and 4 in-person/on-field) that will address the new game formats (4v4, 7v7, 9v9, 11v11). These align with the US Soccer Player Development Initiatives (PDI) announced earlier this year.
US Soccer PDI must be implemented in every state, league, and organization that is affiliated with US Soccer.
The VYSA 4v4 pilot course includes both field and classroom sessions. Cost for the four-hour course is $45.
COACH KEY QUALITIES
Leading the Team: Keys for organizing the group, role of the club and parents.
Leading the Player: A coach must know the age characteristics of the player.
Coaching Training Session: How to organize a practice and teaching tools; How to put together a practice plan?
Coaching Games: Tips for organizing your team for the game.
Managing the Performance Environment: Goals of developing this age group.
Leadership: The coach as a role model.
Be one of the first clubs in the United States to offer this course!
We know your club will want to host courses for this new
US Soccer 4v4 On-Field module!
to reserve your course date before all of the available spots are filled!
Course dates are available beginning August, 2017!
NEW!!! - How to Register for a 2017 E or D License Course - NEW!!!
How to Register for an E or D License Course in the US Soccer Digital Coaching Center (DCC)
As of Jan. 1, 2017, all VYSA E and D license courses are run through the
US Soccer Digital Coaching Center.
In order to register for a course, you must first take the online F course (if you haven’t already). To create your account, go to http://dcc.ussoccer.com and click “sign up”. You’ll then be able to take the online F course. If you already have an account, click “Log On”. Once you have your account set up, click on “Courses”, “License”, and “State”, choosing the appropriate answers for each. Click on the arrow for details for the particular course you have chosen. Then click “Proceed to Registration” and “Proceed to Payment”. You will be taken to the “My Courses” page. Click “Go to Classroom” for your course assignments.
* You MUST have taken the US Soccer online F course in order to register for either an E or D level course. The fee for this course is $25, with DCC access provided at no extra cost.
* The US Soccer online F course is not the same as the five-hour U6-U8 or U8-U10 module you may have taken at a local club. This course is only available online through US Soccer at dccussoccer.com.
* Effective Jan. 1, 2017, the fee for the D Evaluation Weekend is $85.
* The posted course fee includes a US Soccer fee of $25 fee to help cover the cost of maintaining the Digital Coaching Center, which provides US Soccer curriculum resources, a library of age-appropriate practice sessions, and a practice planning tool.
* You will no longer be able to pay by check or use the club discount code to pay for courses. You must pay with a credit card when you register. Please check with your club/league for its reimbursement policy.
VYSA subsidizes the cost of Coaching Education, which results in reduced course fees for our members. As a result, E and D License course fees are higher for non VYSA members (those who are not members of a VYSA member organization, regardless of residence).