The US Soccer “D” license is a 36-40 hour course spread out over two weekends at least 10 weeks apart. Coaches will be required to prepare and run a set of pre-determined training sessions prior to the first weekend, called the “Instructional Weekend”. After completing the first weekend, coaches will complete three assigned training sessions before returning for the second weekend, now called the “Evaluation Weekend/Performance Review”.
Holding the US Soccer “E” License for a minimum of six months is a prerequisite for the “D” Instructional Weekend.
*As of Jan. 1, 2013, waivers into the D License Course are NO LONGER accepted.
Even if a coach has a previously-approved waiver, it is no longer valid.
US Soccer D License Information:
US Soccer D License Course [Link to US Soccer]
US Soccer Instructional Dates 2015/2016:
- JUN 24 - 26, 2016 - Arlington (Arlington Soccer Association)
- JUL 15 - 17, 2016 - Virginia Beach (Virginia Beach Travel Soccer)
- JUL 22 - 24, 2016 - Manassas (Northern Virginia Soccer Club/Virginia Soccer Association)
- AUG 5 - 7, 2016 - Loudoun (Loudoun Soccer)
- AUG 19 - 21, 2016 - Fairfax (Braddock Road Youth Club)
US Soccer Evaluation Dates 2015-2016:
- JUN 17 - 19, 2016 - Richmond (Richmond Kickers)
- AUG 12 - 14,, 2016 - Arlington (Arlington Soccer Association)
- AUG 26 - 28, 2016 - Woodbridge (Prince William Soccer)
- DEC 9 - 11, 2016 - Fairfax (Braddock Road Youth Club)
Fees (effective Sept. 1, 2015) for the "D" Instructional Weekend are:
$250 for coaches of VYSA member clubs
$270 for coaches of non-VYSA member clubs
There is no fee for the Evaluation Weekend.
Register for a US Soccer D Instructional or Evaluation Weekend (Click Here)
US Soccer D License Candidate Resources:
US Soccer D Candidate Guide
US Soccer D Candidate Guidebook (English)
US Soccer D Candidate Guidebook (Spanish)
US Soccer D Goalkeeping Guidebook (English)
US Soccer D Goalkeeping Guidebook (Spanish)
US Soccer D Session Planner and Self Reflection Documents
US Soccer D Practice Topics [Pre-Course and Deliberate Practice Phase]
US Soccer Session Planner Instructions
For queries contact Virginia Youth Soccer Association.