The "E" License Course designed to:
- Develop the core coaching competencies necessary to effectively teach the 9-12 year old athlete and team.
- Understand the characteristics and needs of an ahtlete in the Basic Stage of US Soccer's Long-Term Athlete Development Model.
- Establish a foundation of knowledge and experience in order to proceed through the sequence of coaching development courses.
What are the specific target outcomes of the course?
- To understand and effectively apply the principles of Long-Term Athlete Development.
- To demonstrate competency in planning an age-appropriate training session.
- To demonstrate the essential competencies to execute a team training session that is focused on a technical function of the game.
- To understand concepts and recognize the principles of attacking and defending in a small-sided game environment. (3v3 to 9 v 9 adaptable to local competition structure)
The E License is an 18 hour course.
- The Coach will have four Pre-Course Assignments to complete: Team Management, Laws of the Game , Heads Up Concussion Course, and Prevention and Care.
Fees for the E License course (effective Sept. 1, 2015) are:
- $125 per candidate for coaches of VYSA teams
- 145 per candidate for coaches of non VYSA teams
If you have any questions, please contact:
Virginia Youth Soccer Association
5450 Southpoint Plaza Way
Fredericksburg, VA 22407
Phone (540) 693-1430